Please consider serving on Eagle View Group’s Executive Committee
Elections for Eagle View Group’s Executive Committee (ExCom) are coming up soon and there is an opportunity for YOU to join and be a leader in the Quad Cities environmental community.
The ExCom is made up of nine Eagle View Group, Sierra Club members who help provide opportunities for our membership, and others, to learn about and explore our beautiful planet. In addition to organizing exciting events and opportunities for the Quad Cities area, we also team up with other local environmental groups, the Iowa and Illinois Sierra Club chapters, and the national Sierra Club to support a variety of environmental and conservation advocacy initiatives. We also support politicians who protect the environment.
Think you might be interested? If elected, you will be expected to fulfill several responsibilities, which include:
- Understand and promote the mission of the Sierra Club http://www.sierraclub.org/about
- Attend monthly Monday Executive Committee meetings
- Attend monthly Monday program meetings (September – May)
- Help promote and/or participate in the activities and events the ExCom organizes for our members such as: nature outings, service outings, Environmental Film Fest, Book Club, Water Sentinels, Tree Hugger Trivia, special events, and future initiatives
- Participate in long range planning of goals for Eagle View Group
- Provide leadership within the ExCom by chairing a specific committee such as membership, political, conservation/ environment, outings or political
- Contribute to the sense of camaraderie and teamwork of the ExCom through cooperation and respect
Still interested? Please email Kris Bergren at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief paragraph (150 words or less) introducing yourself and explaining why you are interested in joining the EVG ExCom. There are five positions to be filled in this election for two year terms to begin February 2016.
The deadline for sending your email is December 22, 2015. Please put in the subject line ExCom Election. The nominating committee will then consider you for the election and let you know if you’ve been nominated by December 30, 2015.
If you have any questions, please email Kris at email@example.com.