By Kris Bergren
The Eagle View Group’s Executive Committee is seeking members who would like to be a part of this dedicated team of volunteers. The Executive Committee is made up of nine Eagle View Group, Sierra Club members who help provide opportunities to our membership to learn about and explore our beautiful planet as well as advocate for protecting its environment. We also work with the Iowa and Illinois Sierra Club chapters on regional initiatives along with supporting the national Sierra Club programs. A description of responsibilities is listed below.
If you think you might be interested in being nominated, please email Kathryn Allen at email@example.com with a brief paragraph (150 words or less) introducing yourself and why you are interested in joining the EVG Executive Committee. There are four positions open. The deadline for sending your email is December 15, 2016. Please put in the subject area Executive Committee Election. The nominating committee will contact you by December 30, 2016. The final nominees will have their candidate statements posted on our blog by January 9, 2017. Ballots will be mailed to our members that same week.
Your time and consideration are greatly appreciated.
Executive Committee Responsibilities:
-Understand and promote the mission of the Sierra Club http://www.sierraclub.org/about
– Attend monthly Monday Executive Committee meetings
– Attend monthly Monday program meetings (September – May)
– Help promote and/or participate in the activities and events the Executive Committee organizes for our members such as: nature outings, service outings, Environmental Film Fest, Book Club, Water Sentinels, Tree Hugger Trivia and future initiatives
– Participate in long range planning of goals for Eagle View Group
– Provide leadership within the Executive Committee by chairing a specific committee such as: membership, political, conservation/ environment, outings, and tabling events
– Contribute to the sense of camaraderie and teamwork of the Executive Committee through cooperation and respect